Next BSRLM Conference
The British Society for Research into Learning Mathematics (BSRLM) organises a day conference in each academic term. BSRLM is for people interested in research in mathematics education and provides a supportive environment for both new and experienced researchers to develop their ideas.
We are pleased to send you the First Announcement for our next BSRLM Conference to be held on Saturday 12th November 2016 (10:00-16:45) at the University of Brighton (Falmer Campus).
To attend the conference
- delegates must be - or become - a member of BSRLM. If you are not currently a member of BSRLM, please join now. The current annual membership is £35. (The fee for full-time students and retired or unwaged colleagues is £20);
- pay the conference registration fee (£25) either electronically (using the 'Add to Cart' button at the bottom of the ‘Next Meeting’ webpage) or post the cheque to the BSRLM Treasurer (Dr. Gwen Ineson, Department of Education, Brunel University London, Uxbridge, UB8 3PH). The fee includes a vegetarian buffet lunch and all tea and coffee; and
- complete our on-line conference registration form here. There is no deadline for registration, but to ensure that your name appears on the Delegates list, please register at least three days before the conference date.
To present at the conference
Should you wish to run a Research Paper, Research Workshop or Working Group session, please complete the on-line proposal form here by 17:00 on Friday 21st October 2016. The presentation guideline can be found here.
- Fri 23/09/2016 – First Announcement
- Fri 14/10/2016 – Reminder E-mail
- Fri 21/10/2016 – Session proposal submission deadline
- Mon 31/10/2016 – Second Announcement
- Sat 12/11/2016 – Conference
We very much look forward to seeing you at the Conference.
The BSRLM Executive Committee
Key DocumentsKey documents will be added at the time of the Second Announcement
For map of University of Brighton (Falmer Campus, BN1 9PH) and directions to get there, please click here
If you travel by train, please note that the nearest train station is the Falmer station, and not the Brighton station.
Important: Your name
If your name is different from your Paypal account name or the name on the debit card, please include your name in the special instructions options that are available when you make the payment. This will help us to match up the payment to the correct BSRLM member.
Not a member?
If you are not currently a member of BSRLM you may join now. Membership forms are available at the BSRLM website and should be returned to the membership secretary. The current annual membership is £35, or £25 by standing order. There is a fee of £20 for full-time students and retired or unwaged colleagues. Membership will run until the end of the current calendar year or, if taken out in November or December, until the end of the following calendar year. Non-members are encouraged, and most welcome to attend and should return the slip below. You can join on the day.
Past and future
Details of future meetings, including dates and locations, are here.
Information about previous meetings is here.