The BSRLM Honorary Award recognises BSRLM members who have provided decades of consistent and outstanding service to research in mathematics education in the UK, and also consistent support for BSRLM.
Such service might typically include:
• Attendance and presentation at BSRLM conferences, with related publications.
• Serving on the BSRLM Executive Committee.
• Leadership of influential research projects/groups in mathematics education.
• Nurturing of early career researchers in mathematics education.
• Involvement in major mathematics curriculum reviews.
• A strong international reputation
• Influence on UK policy and/or practice in mathematics education
The Award will be made from time to time following a decision of the BSRLM Executive Committee (in consultation with the current editors of RME). The Award will normally be presented to the recipient at the November Day Conference in each year.
The BSRLM Honorary Award does not affect membership status.
Honorary award 2016 Margaret Brown