About this event:
The British Society for Research into Learning Mathematics (BSRLM) and Commission Française pour l’Enseignement des Mathématiques (CFEM) are pleased to invite you to attend a special event on Friday 3rd March 2017 to be held at the London Mathematical Society. The programme for the day includes two joint UK-FR keynote lectures and small-group discussions, focusing on the current discourse on mathematics education research between mathematics teacher educators and researchers in France and the UK.
An important rationale behind the design of this Friday event is to facilitate networking among the delegates from the two countries in hope that this would lead to research collaboration.
Cost: A small fee of £25 can be paid on-line, and will cover vegetarian buffet lunch, tea and coffee, and wine reception.
To register to attend and pay on-line (via PayPal), click ‘Register and Pay’ (above) and you will be taken to the payment page. You do not need to have a PayPal account to make this payment, as you can pay as ‘Guest’.
- The event will be held at the London Mathematical Society (LMS), 57-58 Russell Square, London, WC1B 4HS.
- It is only 15-20 minutes walk away from St. Pancras International train station. For the interactive map from the station to the venue, click here.
- If you travel by car, please note that there are no parking spaces at both of these venues. You will have to arrange your own parking space via the NCP website, for example.
- 12:30 – 13:00 – Registration
- 13:00 – 14:00 – Buffet lunch (vegetarian)
- 14:00 – 14:45 – Joint UK FR keynote “Exploring the mathematics education research traditions in UK and France and their impacts on policy and practice in each country” (Isabelle Bloch and Ken Ruthven)
- 14:45 – 15:30 – Discussion groups on topics related to the keynote
- 15:30 – 16:00 – Tea/coffee and comfort break
- 16:00 – 16:45 – Joint UK-FR keynote “Contrasting mathematics teachers’ practices and professional development” (Maha Abboud, Barbara Jaworski, Alf Coles and Aline Robert)
- 16:45 – 17:30 – Discussion groups on topics related to the keynote
- 17:30 – 18:30 – Wine reception
Note: This event will be followed by the BSRLM Spring conference on Saturday 4th March 2017 (10:00-16:45) at Birkbeck College, University of London (Malet Street, London WC1E 7HX).