This is a call for academics, either individually or in a team, to edit the Peer reviewed proceedings of the 9th British Congress on Mathematics Education that is due to take place from 3rd -6th April 2018 at the University of Warwick, UK.
The proceedings will be an occasional publication of the British Society for Research into Learning Mathematics and it will be made available as an open access document on the BSRLM website.
All authors of research presentations that are accepted for presentation at the conference (c100) will be invited to submit an accompanying research article of up to 8 pages using the standard BSRLM Word template.
Roles and responsibilities of the editor(s)
- To devise the article submission process with accompanying communications and deadlines (in collaboration with the BSRLM Chair);
- To devise the article review process with accompanying communications and deadlines
- To recruit a team of reviewers from the 2017 BSRLM membership (to include both experienced and less experienced colleagues)
- To conduct the peer review process (single blind with 2 reviewers for each submission) in a timely manner, to involve one cycle of revisions.
- To compile the article submissions as a single pdf document with appropriate front and back matter.
- 30th September 2017: Deadline for applications.
- 15th October 2017: Appointment of editor(s).
- 31st October 2017: Process for the submission and review of articles agreed with BSRLM Chair (or nominated Member of BSRLM Exec).
- 15th November 2017 Process for the recruitment of Reviewers agreed with BSRLM Chair (or nominated Member of BSRLM Exec).
- 1st February 2018: Appointment of Reviewers completed (from BSRLM membership).
- 1st March 2018: Full details of article submission and review processes communicated to BSRLM membership and authors of accepted BCME Research presentations.
- 3rd – 6th April 2018: BCME Conference, April, 2018: Convene writing workshop for prospective contributors to the proceedings.
- 30th April 2018: Deadline for article submissions to proceedings
- 3rd September 2018: Final conference proceedings completed.
Prospective editors, either individually or as a team, are invited to submit a proposal to the Chair of BSRLM (email@example.com) by September 30th 2017.
The proposal should be brief and outline the editorial qualifications of the editor(s) and their capacity to complete the task in a timely manner.
Applications will be reviewed by the BSRLM executive and the appointed editor(s) will be notified by 15th October 2017.