In the summer, the BSRLM holds two events on consecutive days: the conference and the new researchers’ day. You can attend one day, or both days.
BSRLM Summer 2019 New Researchers' Day
About this event:
BSRLM Summer 2019 New Researchers' DayFriday 7th June 2019
University of Birmingham
- ‘New’ in the title is open to your interpretation: the day is intended for research students, post doc researchers, newly appointed lecturers (perhaps those starting in research) and anyone who thinks ‘this sounds good’. ‘Mathematics’ in BSRLM should be regarded widely and researchers in education whose research has a strong but not exclusive connection with mathematics are very welcome.
- The event will include two keynote talks, details to be confirmed. Additionally, there will be a range of research presentations by colleagues who consider themselves as 'New Researchers'. Details about how to submit a presentation will follow.
- There is no charge for the day, but you must be (or become) our member. The membership fee is £35. Concessions are available. To join BSRLM, please click here.
- Light refreshments will be provided, but lunch and evening meal (if you stay on for the Saturday meeting) are self-funded.
- Financial support from the Leone Burton Fund will provide Bed and Breakfast accommodation for anyone attending the New Researchers Day and staying on for the Summer conference the following day. (If you are able to cover the costs from another source, please do so as the Leone Burton Fund depends upon donations). The amount per person is capped at £40. To claim, simply give your details and a copy of your hotel receipt to the Treasurer at the conference on Saturday.
- The NRD will be held at the University of Birmingham,
- Further logistical details will follow.
- 5/04/2019 First announcement and registration opens
- 3/05/2019. Reminder
- 10/5/2019. Deadline for submissions
- 24/5/2019. Second announcement
- 31/5/2019. There is no deadline for registration but it would help the conference organisers if you could register by this date.
- 7/6/2019. New researchers' day
- 8/6/2019. BSRLM summer conference
Summer conference 2019
About this event:
.BSRLM Summer 2019 Conference
Saturday 8th June 2019 (10:00-16:30)
#BSRLMJun19We are pleased to announce the Summer 2019 at the University of Birmingham.
- To attend the conference, you must be (or become) a member. The membership fee is £35. Concessions are available. To join BSRLM, please click here.
- The conference fee is £25 (if you register before 17:00 on Friday 31st May 2019). The fee includes vegetarian buffet lunch, tea and coffee.
- Further details will follow.
- Fri 5/04/2019 First Announcement to BSRLM members and online registration opens
- Fri 3/05/2019 Reminder
- Fri 10/05/2019 Session proposal submission deadline (17:00)
- Fri 24/05/2019 Second Announcement
- Sat 09/03/2019 BSRLM Spring conference
If you register for these events your name, institution and email address will go on the list of delegates.
We also assume that you are happy for photographs of you to be taken by our official photographers. If not, please inform the conference organisers.