In the summer, the BSRLM holds two events on consecutive days: the conference and the new researchers’ day. You can attend one day, or both days.
BSRLM Summer 2019 New Researchers' Day
About this event:
BSRLM Summer 2019 New Researchers' DayFriday 7th June 2019
University of Birmingham
- ‘New’ in the title is open to your interpretation: the day is intended for research students, post doc researchers, newly appointed lecturers (perhaps those starting in research) and anyone who thinks ‘this sounds good’. ‘Mathematics’ in BSRLM should be regarded widely and researchers in education whose research has a strong but not exclusive connection with mathematics are very welcome.
- The event will include two keynote talks, details to be confirmed. Additionally, there will be a range of research presentations by colleagues who consider themselves as 'New Researchers'.
- There is no charge for the day, but you must be (or become) a member. The membership fee is £35. Concessions are available. To join BSRLM, please click here.
- Light refreshments will be provided, but lunch and evening meal (if you stay on for the Saturday meeting) are self-funded.
- The NRD will be held at the University of Birmingham,
- The conference will be held at the School of Education. Here is a map (look for Building B19, it's one of the red ones at about 1pm) and here are directions.
- 5/04/2019 First announcement and registration opens
- 3/05/2019. Reminder
- 10/5/2019. Deadline for submissions
- 24/5/2019. Second announcement
- 31/5/2019. There is no deadline for registration but it would help the conference organisers if you could register by this date.
- 7/6/2019. New researchers' day
- 8/6/2019. BSRLM summer conference
Summer conference 2019
About this event:
.BSRLM Summer 2019 Conference
Saturday 8th June 2019 (10:00-16:30)
- To attend the conference, you must be (or become) a member. The membership fee is £35. Concessions are available. To join BSRLM, please click here.
- The conference fee is £25 (if you register before 17:00 on Friday 31st May 2019). The fee includes vegetarian buffet lunch, tea and coffee.
- The conference will be held at the School of Education. Here is a map (look for Building B19, it's one of the red ones at about 1pm) and here are directions. We suggest you park in the North East car park.
- The deadline for submissions of abstracts has passed.
- Fri 5/04/2019 First Announcement to BSRLM members and online registration opens
- Fri 3/05/2019 Reminder
- Fri 10/05/2019 Session proposal submission deadline (17:00)
- Fri 24/05/2019 Second Announcement
- Fri 07/06/2019 New Researchers' Day
- Sat 08/06/2019 BSRLM Summer conference
If you register for these events your name, institution and email address will go on the list of delegates.
We also assume that you are happy for photographs of you to be taken by our official photographers. If not, please inform the conference organisers.